Friday, June 25, 2010

Sandy's studio in spring, and a NY Times interview

In February I posted this Christmas time photo of this gorgeous little place in the Catskills, NY, USA that is the feature of Sandy Foster's blog My Shabby Streamside Studio - a 1:1 dollhouse if ever I saw one :)

The New York Times has just published a feature on Sandy and the studio at http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/24/garden/24cottage.html?hpw

There are great photos of how the studio looks in the spring, as well as an inspiring interview with Sandy, a woman committed to following her heart no matter the obstacles that I admire greatly on every level. Take a few moments to check out the article and her blog, I guarantee you'll be inspired too :)

Oh yeah, and the challenge is still out there - which miniaturist is going to be the first to mini Sandy's studio?????

(Click here to read my February post about Sandy's studio)

Photo credits: Sandy's blog

11 comments:

Catherine said...

That is totally charming. What a great little get away spot.
I love up state NY. I spent all my summers there growing up. It is still the only place I feel that I am home when I am there.

Heather said...

Love this! Thanks so much for posting about it!

Carolyn said...

Hi Norma...isn't this just so gorgeous....I follow her blog too and saw the posting on it today with the photographs. So pretty!!!

rosanna said...

Lovely place indeed. Why don't YOU ake the challenge ? ;o) have a nice day, Rosanna

Meli Abellán said...

Thanks for the post Norma. The photos are so lovely!!
Have a nice week-end.
Hugs,
Meli

Karin F. said...

I've been following Sandy's blog for some time, having fallen in love with her little place.
The only place I'd want to miniaturize it is in my backyard to use as a potting shed cum ???.
hugs Karin

Natascha said...

very very nice.

Natascha

Brenda Pruitt said...

I saw that! Isn't that tiny little place remarkable?
Brenda

Carol Mittlesteadt-Kubrican said...

Wow, what a fantastic project to do in miniature! Of course, I wouldn't mind having it in real life too. Thank you for sharing!

Norma Bennett said...

Glad to know you all love Sandy's studio as much as I do :) I would sure like to have one in my yard too - minus the winter snows and freezing temperature tho!

Rosanna - it's on my to-do list but I fear I shall grow too old before I get to it ;)

Deni said...

oh thats gorgeous!!!
your very own dollhouse would be fab!!!!